A voluntary work is not possible without support from interested individuals and companies, who are looking for ways of making our world a better place.
Rise Above Foundation Cebu, Inc. is a non Government, non-profit foundation whose founders have over 30 years of experience in missionary and humanitarian aid work.
An important part of our mission is to invest in today's children -- the leaders of tomorrow -- through knowledge and character-building education and guidance for them, their parents, and their communities.
For the children to have a brighter future, they need education and good health that will ensure them the possibility of retaining what they learn. They need to have the strength and stamina to learn without feeling the pangs of hunger or the pain of untreated rotten teeth, a problem that over 90% of the Philippine population between 6-12 years old suffer from.
We are working on helping to rectify this terrible state of the children through:
1. Essential Health Care Program: A simple health and tooth brushing program running in elementary schools.
2. Food program: Cooking for children in elementary schools and for children living in poor areas. We bring food to children in hospitals and institutions and to very poor families who live under 1US$ a day.
3. Dental Missions: We give dental treatment to people in depressed areas and to children in poor elementary schools twice a year.
4. Sponsoring Education: For children from poor families who have no resources to send their children to school.
5. Livelihood Programs: For people who grew up without an education, and thereby are doomed to a life of poverty. When these receive vocational training, they get an opportunity to earn more so their children get enough food to eat every day and are able to go to school and thus improve their quality of life.
With parents receiving vocational training, we give them an opportunity to earn a better living and thereby feed their children and send their children to school.
You can help make life brighter for children and parents. Your donation is greatly appreciated.
TOGETHER WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!